Crafty, Sci-Fi Loving & Enthusiastic Volunteers wanted and needed for Alien Abduction Day!
Are you a fun and/or crazy creative type? Willing to lend a human hand or two & share some extraterrestrial good times? If so, we'd love to hear from you - there are a number of ways to jump in and lend a artistic alien hand:
Before the event...
- Help create funky ET crafts - join in creating smallish or medium sized strange UFOs and ET creatures to be placed all around the Queen and Bathurst area, from any materials or found objects of your choosing. We're also turning a regular everyday conveyance device into a funky UFO.
- Take part in the Alien invasion craftacular - on the evening of Wednesday, March 19, the day before the official festival, aliens and their crafts will magically appear all over Bathurst & Queen to turn the streetscape into a melange of hundreds of little green men/women and UFOs. The humans that inhabit Queen West will never be the same again.
- Give us your cool junk - Let us know if you have quantities of any strange materials that somehow could fit the alien theme, we'll gladly take them off your hands and free up some room in your basement. The materials will provide the raw materials to create all sorts of weird aliens, spaceships and tin foil hats. If you're planning to join the festivities, feel free to bring any materials you'd like either to share or for your own personal alien crafting.
- Spread the word - let others know about the event! Just send 'em this e-card...
On the day of the event, March 20th 2008...
- Lead a craft session - share your love of crafting with other aliens by leading or supporting alien or tin foil hat making
- Drive a UFO for an hour - surprise other humans and those in antiquated petroleum-based vehicles by lending your legs to people power a UFO around the Queen & Bathurst area (While a UFO drivers' licence is not required.. a basic level of physical fitness is recommended).